For a list of all local employment opportunities, please click HERE.
Berkshire Chamber of Commerce -
The Berkshire Chamber of Commerce seeks an enthusiastic and collaborative professional to provide strategic leadership and vision for the Chamber. The President/CEO will lead and advance economic development as well as support the civic and social welfare of Berkshire County through the advocacy of its members and the Berkshire community. The Berkshire Chamber is a 4-Star Accredited by the US Chamber of Commerce; learn more at www.berkshirechamber.com.
The President/CEO is responsible for day to day operations and long term planning, ensuring the growth and prosperity of the Chamber. S/he must develop and maintain strong working relationships with the business community, city and government officials, public organizations, and other regional chambers, to foster a nurturing business environment for members. Supported by highly engaged and dedicated volunteers, the Chamber CEO will ensure the success of the strategic plan by supporting its members, being the voice of business, and by growing and retaining the next generation leaders. S/he must conduct themselves with the utmost levels of integrity and professionalism in order to enhance the credibility and reputation of the Chamber.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide information, counsel and advice to the Chamber Board regarding strategy, policy, finances and programs.
• Develop and secure approval of the annual budget as determined by the organization’s goals, closely monitoring income and expenditures.
• Provide leadership for a highly effective and efficient staff;actively develop the Chamber’s human resources to ensure a professional, positive and productive work environment that meets all legal requirements.
• Drive membership and non-dues revenue growth ensuring the fiscal well-being of the Chamber.
• Work closely with staff and volunteer committees to develop and support robust programming and events which support the organizational goals.
• Act as principal advocate and a key spokesperson for the Chamber, representing Berkshire County business interests in local, state and national issues.
• Plan and organize Executive Committee, Board of Directors and other meetings as appropriate.
• Engage in direct member contact, cultivating new and existing members.
• Serve on boards, commissions, committees and organizations related to areas that are critical to the Chamber’s goals and interests.
• Coordinate building services and equipment; serve as liaison for partner organization tenants.
• Monitor market trends and identify opportunities for growth of the organization.
Deeply collaborative in nature, this position requires the ability to engage at a high level with various stake holders. Along with the Berkshire Visitors Bureau and Berkshire Creative, the Berkshire Chamber of Commerce is a partner organization of the 1Berkshire Strategic Alliance. For more information visit: http://www.1berkshire.com/
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of community development and business initiatives, well-developed communication skills, and experience leading a team. A Bachelor’s degree with five years progressive experience or equivalent combination is required. Certified Association Executive (CAE) or Certified Chamber Executive (CCE) preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Prior experience at a chamber of commerce or member based organization preferred. Occasional nights and weekends required.The President/CEO is expected to be an active member of the Berkshire community including residency within 18 months of employment.
Please email resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. For optimal consideration submit by January 15, 2014.